Thursday, November 18, 2010

Les Bijoux de Catherine ~ From my personal collection

 Selling my line of jewelry online has changed everything for me. I am still stunned by the ever expanding web of friendships that I have made there.

Some of them are with my clients. Our highly personal relations have blurred the traditional seller/buyer line. The give and take goes both ways for a mutually enriching experience.

Even more striking are the ties that developed with my fellow artisans. I am quite passionate about the creative process and appreciate all that goes into the creation of their pieces. I starting collecting - and of course wearing!- some of their beautiful jewels.


Here are a few samples...





A gorgeous Montana Agate ring from Black Daisy Designs. The pattern of the stone is absolutely striking!








One of several pairs from Emily Gray Jewels' signature Halo collection. I am still coveting hard one of Emily's large hip necklaces.







A favorite necklace from Sirpa K Jewelry which I wear very often. I love that its length allows me to just put it on and go, no fumbling with the clasp needed.







I enjoy wearing this exquisite pair from Edera Jewelry at night when the precious silver threads shimmer in the light. I love their intricate workmanship!









 This smaller necklace from Jewels by L designs  packs a punch! The focal was from Laura's personal collection and I am already plotting my next one.






And because one always needs a simple pair of pearl earrings, I recently treated myself to these cuties from Lee Ohio Designs' Fall collection - a perfect example that good design does not have to be complicated.





To be continued…

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a lovely collection you have, Catherine--so happy to have a little piece of mine as part of it! :)
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, sometimes when my hair falls a certain way and I wear your earrings, I look like I just stepped out from an episode of Mad Men!;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection! You inspired me to share mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, a lovely collection! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, Sirpa! I can't wait to see your personal collection!!!

    BTW, Katja above inspired me to share mine. She has a Facebook album entirely dedicated to her personal acquisitions!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Katja for the comment...and the idea! There are still so many pieces I want to buy, starting with just about any rings from Jess of RosyRevolver on Etsy. Her latest listings were to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginger, this year was the first time I felt financially secure enough (with my biz) to justify treating myself to all these goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful collection Catherine! Feeling extremely fortunate to be included in your collection. :) Hoping I can eventually get back into purchasing some things as I too love to collect pieces from other artists. Thank you for sharing Catherine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous about the collection you all have I only have one and really need to start collecting some too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely personal collection! I'm so glad you have a piece of mine there... and I have a piece of yours! I adore my Clematis necklace!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, thank you ...and you did, didn't you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo, seriously will you make more rings already!!! I am a ring woman and I need to add something with Cornish flair to my collection!;)))

    ReplyDelete